Wednesday, January 15, 2020

The last of the NYC pages!

Hi! I'm so excited to share the last of our NYC trip!  I've been working on some other pages in my free time and will share those with you soon! But for now, here are the final 11 pages (sorry...)!


Day 3 started with a ferry ride to the Statue of Liberty. It was
a bit chilly, but still a great morning out in the harbor!  We made a stop 
at Ellis Island, but didn't tour (a little bummed by that...) so I only
have outdoor photos.

Some birds decided to hitch a ride on the ferry as well!

Our tour of Lady Liberty included A LOT of steps leading to the pedestal
which offered a different perspective of her and some fantastic
views of the harbor!

The top left photo is actually a glimpse into the insides
of the statue. The shattered spot on the glass was from a
tool being dropped while they were doing maintenance.

Views of the harbor from the pedestal and ferry

After we were back on land, we walked through the city 
to reach the 9/11 Memorial and Museum.  We saw
the Wall Street bull and a beautiful flower sculpture on
the way.

This was such a special and somber place. I can't say
we 'enjoyed' it, but I'm so honored that we were able
to  visit.  Both sections were created with amazing
thoughtfulness and respect.





The only page I didn't share was the final page; an 8x10 photo of the group which I simply matted and placed on a base.

My completed album is now sitting on a shelf with other finished albums.  I would love to say my pile of unfinished albums is getting smaller, but every year adds a new album to the pile. Instead, I'll relish in the increasing amount of completed albums! Life is all about perspective!

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!