Sunday, January 5, 2020

Scrappy Sunday-Touring NYC

Hi! I am so excited to be able to share SIX pages with you today! That 366 goal just might get reached this year! Excuse me while I go find some wood to knock...

But seriously, I have been so happy to spend some of my winter break time working on this album.  I approached this one a little differently than most albums.  Since it was only for the NYC trip, I sorted my photos into page ideas, found bases that would work with said photos and then put all of that into the sleeves of the album.  Each day, I've pulled out the supplies in the sleeve and then just had to add titles, embellishing, and journaling blocks where needed.  It really was a great way to organize this, and I might try doing this on my annual albums as well.  That will take a lot more planning, but could make the daily scrapbooking much more manageable.  I'll have to think a bit more about that...

Today's pages are from our first day in NYC.  Each day was filled with activities, but not so much that we couldn't enjoy ourselves in the moment.

Breakfast and entertainment at Ellen's. Broadway hopefuls are
all part of the wait staff at this diner.  The diner offers them the
flexibility they need to schedule auditions and lessons.  The singers
were great and the atmosphere was fun as well!

Our next stop was Radio City Music Hall. We had an awesome
tour guide who shared the history of the building with us.

Since they didn't have a current show scheduled, we were 
allowed the rare opportunity to actually stand on the stage
and view the hall from a performers perspective.

Even the restrooms were fancy!  There were gorgeous sitting
rooms and fun retro sinks and hand dryers.  The art deco designs 
were gorgeous!



The tour also featured the dance studio where the Rockettes
practice routines, and amazing displays of their gorgeous 
costumes (totally gaffed and didn't get photos of those).  Our
tour wrapped up in the balcony of the hall to have a different
perspective of the stage and building.  It was such an interesting
tour and fun to learn about the history of Radio City Music Hall.

If you looked closely, you noticed I used the ticket and tour tag as part of my embellishing on these pages.  I have always saved these things and then forgot to use them on  the pages-trying to get better at that!

Thanks again for visiting and I hope you have a terrific day!!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! That trip must have been a fantastic experience, but to get to stand on the stage at Radio City ?!? Icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!