Stamping Junkie's Dictionary

Confused by all of the abbreviations and 'stamp slang'? Don't know the difference between craft and classic?  Here is a  future junkie's (let's be honest, you know you are!) translator just for you!

CASE: Copy and share everything (the crafters' motto!  Just be sure to give credit where it is due!)
Scraplifting:  Using another person's original work and passing it off as your own (unless you are using the term lightheartedly as you give credit to them ex:  I scraplifted this layout from Kelly.)
CAS:  Clean and simple
DSP:  Designer Series Paper, also known as patterned paper
Bling:  Just about anything that sparkles or shines!
White space:  Blank area of card stock, does not have to be white
ABAC:  Anything But A Card, refers to 3D projects, jewelry, just about anything that is not a card or a                scrapbook page
Huffing:  Don't panic!  This is not illegal : ) When using a marker to color a stamp, a crafter will 'huff' (breathe) on the stamp after coloring to keep the ink moist, then stamp onto paper.
Kissing:  Again, not what you are thinking... A two step process where a stamp is inked then gently 'kissed' with an uninked stamp.  This is followed by huffing to remoisten the ink.  This can be used to add or remove details from a stamp.
Distressing:  Taking steps to make something look used/old/worn. This is done by tearing, crumpling, inking, fraying, or using a special tool.
Swap:  A fun occasion where crafters agree to create a quantity of cards or pages and trade them with fellow crafters.  If it is a supplies swap, several crafters will 'go in' on a supply of ribbon, brads, etc. and split the supplies between them.  This is a great way to get supplies in a variety of colors!

Craft vs. Classic:  There are two types of ink pads available craft, which is pigment ink, and classic which is dye based.  Classic is a good all purpose, quick drying ink which is great for cards and safe for scrapbooking.  Craft is also scrapbook safe and features long-lasting color.  Craft is often used for embossing or when you want to use a light ink on a darker paper.  Both are wonderful inks, it just depends on what you are needing for the project.

I hope this clears up any confusion!  If you have any new words that need to be translated, please post a comment!