Sunday, January 12, 2020

Scrappy Sunday-More NYC

Hello! I'm back again with, you guessed it, more NYC pages!! Are you sick of this trip yet?  I feel like the couple who invites people to a party only to hold them hostage to a slide show of their most recent vacation... I'm hoping this isn't the case!

Today's pages are wrapping up day 2 of our trip.


Our tour guide had a great sense of humor and we all
walked right into his biggest joke of the trip.  He was sharing
history of the park and the different buildings and rock
formations.  We all climbed on one of the formations as he
talked to us about this specific rock called schist.  As he finished, 
he slyly added, "you are are standing on a big piece of schist".

group photos in front of the fountain

The choir sang Yesterday in the Strawberry Fields section 
of the park.  It was a beautiful moment and the musicians 
in that area asked them to join them in singing. It was a great
tribute to John Lennon.

The evening wrapped up with a dine and dance cruise on
the Spirit of New York.  We enjoyed the views from the
deck and the kids danced the night away.


My DDs always tell me I have a stranger beacon that
attracts complete strangers to join in conversations with
me.  I can't deny this, but it has been a great way to 
learn new things.  One of the ship's crew noticed me taking
photos of the bridges and came over to chat.  I knew the 
Brooklyn, but wasn't sure about the other two.  He told 
us to remember BMW, Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Washington. 
How cool is that?!

I will have one more post wrapping up this album and then will move on to other crafty endeavors! Thanks so much for visiting and have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I've enjoyed seeing your photos and little details about your trip. It's someplace I'll never get to go in person, so it's been fun seeing it as if I was a tourist myself. Kudos for finishing up this album , I'm looking forward to seeing what your next crafty endeavor is ;)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!