Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Enjoying 5th Avenue

Hello! I am so glad you have stopped by!  I have more NYC pages to share with you today.  I've almost finished the pages from the first day of our trip.  It is crazy how I can put together an album FULL of photos and think "why didn't I take a picture of .....", but I have been doing this on several pages.  Like photos of our sandwiches, the gentleman we met at the Lego Store, and GASP! a family picture from Top of the Rock...

As much as I dislike that these moments aren't being preserved in time, I am taking this as an indicator that I was enjoying the moment and simply forgot about the camera.

We started in Rockefeller Center and had a morning/afternoon of
exploring 5th Avenue.  We did a lot of window shopping, but didn't 
buy anything... although a sterling silver telephone dialer from
Tiffany's would have been fabulous!

Lunch was amazing at this NY deli. Huge sandwiches and 
fresh fruit hit the spot after a morning of window shopping

We actually met the gentleman who created the fabulous 
floral pieces in the top right photo.  He and his wife were
so kind as he shared his love of Legos and being inspired by 
weeds in his back yard.

This was one of the girls favorite stops! They even stood in line
for a turn on the floor piano!  It is such an impressive toy
store and the employees were so friendly!

Our last stop of the afternoon was a trip to the top of the
Rockefeller Center.  There were amazing views of the city
and we saw Central Park in it's entirety surrounded by the
urban landscape. I tucked the ticket stub behind the top right
photo, and the middle embellie of the Empire State building
pulls out to reveal a journaling tab.

I am feeling quite accomplished with my progress on this album and hope to have it completed soon!  Thanks so much for visiting and have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. You should be feeling accomplished, look at you go getting so many pages done already! I like the way you did the ticket and journaling on your final page.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!