Friday, January 3, 2020

Hello, 2020! Let's go 366!!

Hello and happy new year! I am looking forward to a fresh start and having a productive and meaningful 2020.  Something I've always wanted to achieve is a 365 page goal for the year.  I have never been able to get close to that, but it has always kept me motivated to do as many pages as I could.  This year, being a leap year, actually has 366 days, so being the overachiever that I am (at least in my mind...) I am setting that goal!  It doesn't hurt that DD2 is graduating this spring and I really would like to get some of her albums caught up before the big day.  Right now my focus is on the NYC school choir trip my husband, myself and DD2 took last spring.  Finishing this album should put me at about 40 pages which would be an awesome start!!

I have also changed a few things about the way I scrapbook.  I absolutely LOVE fancy pages with lots of goodies on them, but as I finished an album for 2011 that had TWO post extensions and still doesn't close properly, I have decided that my pages need to be waaaay flatter and simpler if I'm going to make this work.  That's not to say that I still won't do the occasional fancy page, but my new normal is clean and simple (not that I was far from that most of the time anyway!).

I am excited to share that I have four pages finished and in the album already!! Well on my way!

My intro page...
This was a super cool page from my LSS. I just added the title.

page 2 holds the schedule and a luggage tag
I made a simple pocket using cardstock and decorated it a bit.

page 3 has some early views of NYC from our bus

page 4 features a morning trip to Times Square
It was actually pretty vacant at this point.  We were able
to get some great group shots and enjoy all the electronic
billboards.  Also took a quick shot of the NYC police 
department located in the middle of Times Square!

I am so glad you visited and hope you've enjoyed my pages.  If you are a scrapbooker, I would love to hear about your goals/dreams for 2020! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. What an ambitious goal for scrap booking this year, good for you! I'd be lucky to make even a tenth of that number of pages ;) You are off to a good start. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your trip.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!