Saturday, January 11, 2020

Scrapbook Saturday-Guided tour of NYC

Hello and I'm starting off with a warning. This is a super photo heavy post! Lots of pages to share and I didn't even share all that are finished!!  I'm actually all but finished with the album now, but didn't want to completely bombard my blog with pictures!

Today I'm sharing the end of Day 1 and part of our guided tour of NYC. Day 2 was actually guided by a NY native (an actor who also moonlights as a tour guide).  It was educational and quite entertaining, and we saw a lot of this amazing city.

After a long day of exploring, we walked to the Chophouse
for a seemingly never ending dinner, followed by the 
Broadway musical Waitress.

I used a plastic sleeve to create a pocket for the playbill and 
a subway embellishment made a great ticket pocket.

Day 2 started with the arrival of our personal tour guide
and a ride on the subway to Little Italy and China Town.  I
took pictures of Grand Central Terminal, but didn't get a 
single picture of the two destinations... We had our first 
authentic canollis at an Italian bakery and walked past
several restaurants that were just getting started for the day. 

Our next stop was via bus. We had a block of time to
explore Greenwich Village and eat lunch.  It was such a
beautiful day and we really enjoyed eating outdoors. You
can also see a rare photo of me on this page!

The next stop was at a beautiful Episcopalian Cathedral. We
were able to explore several areas of the cathedral and viewed
some amazing religious art pieces.



My husband posed for a picture with the statue of Michael
the Archangel defeating Satan.  There were so many wonderful
sculptures and art pieces outdoors as well.

This page features some random places of interest we saw
on the bus tour of the city.  

I hope I didn't scare you off with all of the pictures!  Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you have so many terrific photos from your memorable trip. No, you can never share too many ;) Good for you nearly completing that album!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!