Monday, July 29, 2019

Merry Monday-Mixing the old and the new

Hello!  Through the magic of technology, my blog post should be showing up around the time I'm in my first training for the school year.  I can't believe the summer is almost over...  I still have so much scrapbooking to do... Maybe I can ask for an extension?

Today, I have a Christmas themed page to share with you.  I used a pretty good mixture of older and newer items. The cardstock and two of the pattern papers are older, as is the tag, ribbon, and photo!  The agenda border and the strip under the photo were both from a new paper I bought about two months ago.  This was such a fun page that brought back great memories.  DD2 went on the annual Christmas field trip to a local assisted living/nursing home, and I was able to chaperone.  It was such a great experience for the students and it really warmed my heart to see the generations coming together and enjoying the morning.  Normally shy students were singing with their 'Grands' and even the rowdy kiddos reigned themselves in and enjoyed their new friends.


Thanks so much for stopping in today.  As the school year starts, I never know exactly how much 'free' time I'll have for creating and posting, but I'm going to do my best to keep my 'mental therapy' going throughout the year!  Have a great day and I hope you find some time to be crafty this week!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful experience for both the students and the inhabitants of the home. A lovely page to celebrate a great event. I hope you're still finding time to create as the summer draws to an end.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!