Saturday, July 6, 2019

Taylored Expressions Class aka Losing my mind

About a month ago, my 2 DDs and I went to a class at our LSS.  Taylor from Taylored Expressions taught a watercolor session.  We had a wonderful time and learned some fun ways to use watercoloring on cards.  I would have sworn I had posted pictures of this, but they were nowhere to be found, so I'm sharing them today.  I think pretty much everything I used is TE, but since it was a class, I don't have names in front of me...

this card featured a stamped background, a preprinted card front, and
some tricky painting skills to fill in those tiny hearts and letters

this one has a stenciled background and a watercolor wash
behind the die cut cactus

this is a mix of stamping and watercoloring, the two
large butterflies were outline stamped in light gray
and then watercolored 

the last card features an embossed heart with
a watercolor wash around the edges

I did buy the Sending stamp set, the shimmer watercolor, and a Christmas theme card front panel set. I think that showed great restraint since I really wanted to add all of the watercolors, her paintbrush set, and several stencils... There is definitely a drawback to going to a LSS for a class-too much temptation!!  I have to say it is a lot of fun and a great way to meet other creative people!

I don't have a scrapbook page to share today (even though it should be Scrapbook Saturday), but I'm almost finished organizing my scrapbooking supplies and should be back at it in a few days!  Trying to get as much done as I can in the few weeks of summer vacation I have left!

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. These are delightful! Watercolouring has become my go-to delight. Glad you enjoyed the class and the results are charming.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!