Saturday, July 13, 2019

Scrapbook Saturday- Mixing the old and the new

Hello!  Since it has been so incredibly hot and humid outside, I thought I would spend a little extra time in the air conditioned comfort of my craft studio.  I was rewarded with two more finished pages!

I was so excited about getting these pages finished and couldn't wait to share my enthusiasm with my family.  You see...I'm just a 'little' behind on my albums...like 11 years behind... and because I feel incredibly overwhelmed thinking about scrapbooking chronologically, I have started album hopping.  A page from 2008 on day, 2011 the next...you get the picture.  But I have yet to do any recent pages until these.  I walked into the living room to share my wonderful 2019 pages and my family responded with blank stares.  So I repeated the fact that these pictures were from 2019!!! My youngest DD responded with "Yeah, but it's not like you're all caught up on them." (I'm considering cropping her out of several photos now...)  I then reminded her that at her graduation party there might actually be an album that has photos of her that are recent and most likely quite a bit less embarrassing that some of her earlier photos.  I must have hit the importance home because she then told me I should really focus on the more recent photos.  My oldest DD just rolled her eyes, but did comment on how pitiful a one page album might look.  DH has long ago learned that smiling and nodding is a safe response to any discussion that revolves around my creativity.  I always try to learn something new and today that lesson was that no one in my family really 'gets' scrapbooking and  the sense of accomplishment it brings their mother.  Next time I'll just share my pages with the cat.  She's rather nonjudgmental as long as she has a spot on the table to rest.

Here are the new pictures with some old papers that were in my bashing pile.  I also managed to use some really old epoxy stickers and glittery letters from my stash as well.  Nothing like mixing the old with the new to get things done!


The photos are from the Vacation Bible School that my girls have volunteered at for years. Ironically, they help with making photo frames in arts and crafts.  Maybe there is hope for them yet...

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. Such strong composition on these pages - they work so well to draw the eye to the photos. I think you should just make a page from any year you like at any time... find a photo that inspires you and create around it. Why should we have to be so linear as to start at the beginning and move dully forward in one direction?! Tell them to stop rolling their eyes and you follow your creative heart!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!