Thursday, July 11, 2019

Throwback Thursday-A little page mapping

Hi and welcome to another Throwback Thursday where I dig into everything old to complete a project! I don't think I used a single thing that was less than three years old, so this definitely qualifies!!  I also pulled out a binder that I started years ago with different page maps and page inspirations.  This was started before the invention of Pinterest, and I have to admit that I probably pull out that binder more than I ever go back and check my sketch pins... Sometimes 'old fashioned' just works better!  Both layouts were old Page Maps designs.  I don't know if Becky Fleck is still creating new ones, but I love using her sketches!  I also like Creative Scrappers, but I don't have as many of those in my binder.

I pulled out an older pad of K & Company paper, some really old chipboard pieces that by pure chance went pretty well with the papers, a fabric tag, three different flower punches, and some pearls to complete my two pager.


The photos were taken in 2011 when the girls and I went to our county museum.  It really is a cool place to spend the day, especially if you're into history!  We are fortunate that so many people in our community donated and organized for the displays.  There are sections that show the immigrants and origins of our county, a tribute to local veterans and the parts they played in various battles and wars, a section dedicated to various athletes and school programs, and even a walk through mural display sharing the history of each town and city in our county.  They even have a working model train room!  But our favorite section by far was the children's area.  There were pioneer dress up clothes, a supply boat that could be loaded and unloaded, an old time school house, and a lot of older games like Lincoln Logs, Tinker Toys, and checkers.  We had a great time and have made several trips back over the years, often taking newbies with us.  The best trip was this past year when we finally took my parents with us.  Dad had a blast sharing military stories and pointing out all of the antique farming equipment and tools.  It was a great way to link our personal history with public history.

Thanks so much for visiting and I hope you find some time to check out a local treasure!  Maybe you'll be inspired to scrapbook the event too!  Have a wonderful day!!

1 comment:

  1. Love those pioneer outfits... always such fun dressing up in historical costumes. Great that you're finding time to turn these memories into albums.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!