Thursday, July 4, 2019

All that glitters

Hello! Today I have some glitterific cards to share!  Gotta have some sparkle on Independence Day!!  These cards were a multi day project because my time for the studio has to be squeezed in whenever I can, so day one was cutting the paper and using the wonderful Gina K Glitz glitter gel.  A few days later, I did the stamping and assembling of the cards, and today I'm finally posting!

My camera has been giving me fits when it comes to taking pictures of cards and scrapbook pages... I really need to set up an area in my room for photography so there isn't the glare and wash out that happens on my craft table.  I really need to tweak some areas anyway, so why not squeeze in a photo box while I'm at it!  Because of the photo quality, the mix of colors and the actually glittery goodness doesn't show up as well as I would like. You'll just have to take me at my word that they are very sparkly!




I played with three colors of gel: Wild Lilac, Turquoise Sea, and Grass Green, and also used both white and black as background colors.  It's so interesting to see the way a color changes based on the background! My stencils came from a SU set called Pattern Party Masks.  I pulled out a DCWV paper pad called Royal Garden which I haven't used in ages.  There are peacock themed pages in this and my colors reminded me of  the beautiful shading of their feathers.  I pulled out a variety of birthday, anniversary, and thank you stamps for the sentiments which were stamped in either Bermuda Bay or Elegant Eggplant.  I really like the shimmer on these and know that a few members of my family will love these 'fancy' cards!

Well, the washing machine is calling my name and reminding that as much as I would like, I can't spend all day in my studio... Do we really NEED clean clothes?? I'm pretty sure my family would feel it's a necessity. They're soooo needy... LOL!  

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful rest of the week! Happy 4th of July to my fellow Americans! Have fun and be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!