Monday, July 15, 2019

It's A Girl!

I would like to take a moment to share a completely non-crafting photo! This is Allie the newest member of our family.  She was a bit of a surprise because after Shadow passed away, we weren't planning to even look for another dog for a while.  Then DD1 comes home and shares that her boyfriend's supervisor is heartbroken because she needs to find a home for her mom's beloved dog.  Her mom went into a nursing home and the daughter tried to keep the dog, but with her long work hours she wasn't able to care for her as much.  As a result of the move and lack of company, the dog began to develop anxiety-like behaviors and really wasn't happy.

We went to meet her and she was so timid it almost broke my heart.  I think DD knew I wouldn't be able to say no once I met her... It has been a big adjustment for all of us.  She had to adapt once again to another move and we had to remember what it was like to have a new dog again.  I spoke fluent Shadow, but Allie's language is still pretty much a mystery to all of us.  Thankfully, I've had the summer off so she has had plenty of interaction and attention. As a result, she follows me absolutely everywhere.  She is slowly coming out of her shell and even plays and runs with the girls, LOVES to go for walks, and thinks she could be quite helpful in the kitchen if only I would let her put her paws up on the counters...  She isn't the biggest fan of my craft studio, but enjoys lying on the floor just outside of the door so she can keep an eye on me and everything else.  I can just hear Shadow saying "Well... she's no Black Shadow, but you always were a sucker for a rescue..."


Thanks so much for visiting and letting me share our news!  Who knows, maybe there will be a few Allie hairs appearing on my work soon!

3 comments:

  1. She's GORGEOUS. What a beautiful heart ya'll have and that puppy is in such a great home!
    I'm thinking of starting up my blog again (EEK!) but I had to knock down 100 cobwebs and open up the windows...been ages since I've been to my blog but figured while I was bug bombing my site, I'd come over here and visit. SO GLAD I DID!!! Miss you but think you of you ALL the time :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh look! What a joyful new arrival... so glad I had some catching up time and managed to catch up with this news. I'm sure you and Allie will have lots of wonderful adventures together.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh look! What a joyful new arrival... so glad I had some catching up time and managed to catch up with this news. I'm sure you and Allie will have lots of wonderful adventures together.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!