Tuesday, July 9, 2019

A break from scrapbooking!

Hello!  It's another hot one here and I'm going to zoom through my 'to do' list so I can get a few more scrapbook pages knocked out!  However, as the title states, I took a break from scrapbook mode to create a few cards.  I used some papers that I unearthed when I sorted all of my loose pattern paper.  I have a small stack I am challenging myself to either use or donate.  It has actually made things a bit simpler since I just go to those and make them work for what I need.  I'm still occasionally sneaking into my other paper stash, but the loose papers often are overlooked when I create, so this really helps me use them!

I actually don't need a lot of birthday cards for my stash (Christmas is a completely different story, but I haven't been motivated to make those yet...), but I did need a few youth and ladies cards.  I also made a couple of sympathy cards because those are nice to have on hand as well.


The kids cards were a lot of fun and I pulled out some older stamps and 
my copics to create these.  The top card uses 4 different stamp 
sets and who doesn't love wiggle eyes on a card?!
 

I also did a bit of coloring with copics on the flower.  I forgot
how relaxing it is to just sit and color! Need to do that more often!

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. The little monsters are very cute, and that flower is so pretty. I'm not surprised you haven't started on the Christmas cards yet. I'm in awe of anyone who can get inspired to make them at this time of year! I rarely want to do any Christmas-related crafting before December at the earliest... one reason why probably nobody is ever going to get homemade Christmas cards from me! I agree about the relaxing nature of colouring too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that you are using up your paper scraps to make cards. These are all very cute!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!