Thursday, July 25, 2019

Throwback Thursday-borders and rub ons

Hello! After an incredibly hot spell, we are getting a bit of a break from the heat.  The last two days were perfect for working outside so not much posting or creating from me.  I did manage to make a few pages during the heat wave and decided to post a couple today.  Both pages helped me use up some supplies that have been in my stash waaay too long. Cleaning off  the cobwebs old! Apparently, I had an obsession with border stickers at some point and now I'm slowly working my way through them.  

My first page features the aforementioned border stickers.  I was determined to use them and had to get a little creative with photo placement to make it work.  A page doesn't need a whole lot of embellishing when there are two 12" borders involved!


My second page uses some dog themed rub ons.  I don't even remember buying these, so they may have been a freebie from something.  I used most of the package on this, and also managed to use one of my loose pattern papers from my stash.  Now there are only 7 papers left to my committed 'use it' pile.  Once they're gone, I'm going to skim papers again and make a new set. Not that I'll be running out of paper any time soon.  I still have a ton of sets and pads to use...


This page was a little bittersweet to create.  Shadow's no longer with us, but it was so sweet to see a picture of him when he was still playful and healthy...

I don't know if I'll get any scrapbooking done today, but I'm hoping to organize a little more in my studio.  I'm slowly but surely going through the boxes of goodies and finding them a place to be used.  I've been working my way through stickers, but I may have to shift to ribbons soon.  They are all over the place! Who bought all of this stuff anyway?!  Lol! I'm thinking there may have been some out of body experiences involved... Sounds plausible, right??  Thanks so much for visiting and I hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh well done on continuing to make your way through all those stash supplies - the pumpkin stickers are so good for the fall page. Sad but also lovely to see Shadow putting in an appearance - it's a great photo, and well worth celebrating your special friend with a lovely page spread.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!