Saturday, August 31, 2019

Scrapbook Saturday-Pretty Sketchy

Hello! Today I have two pages using one sketch.  I loved the ability to use up some of my pretty papers with all those circles!  I found the sketch on a closed group on Facebook, so I'm not sure I can share the link here.  I pretty much followed the sketch exactly so you have some idea what it looked like!

I used some very old DSP from SU called Cutie Pie, which is so fitting since all three girls in the pics are exactly that!  I punched several 1" circles, ran a couple of strips of pattern paper above and below my photos, added a rub on title on the first and stamped a journaling spot on the second.  I think I spent more time arranging circles in different order than I did on anything else!  I'm a bit anal when it comes to things like that...




I took an unexpected break from scrapbooking at the beginning of the month.  My dad has been battling cancer for two years and we knew from the beginning his time was limited.  The first Sunday in August, we had a wonderful day with family; and Dad had a great time watching the grandkids play whiffleball in the yard.  Three days later, he was unable to even get out of bed.  He passed away in his sleep the following Sunday.  I was blessed to be able to be with him nonstop those last four days.  As hard as it was to see him go, it helped me know that he is at peace now and no longer suffering.  My dad was (and still is) my hero.  I have learned so many important lessons from him over the years and we've always had such a special relationship.  As we were gathering photos for the visitation, I was struck by how many wonderful moments I had been able to capture and record over the years and even with all of my photos, there were still moments that I wished I had used my camera more... That is one of the wonderfully special things about scrapbooking, we call it a craft, hobby, or pasttime, but it is so much more than that.  It is freezing a moment in time so you can go back and relive it when you need to; and passing on a legacy of memories that links to a new generation who will never get the chance to meet in person.  I understand even more now, the importance of journaling on those pages, capturing the stories, and preserving not only the photo but the entire moment. Because at some point in time, it may be all that is left. Both comforting and sad at the same time...

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!