Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Thanks for being you!

Hello! Today I have a thank you card to share.  I made several of these to send to my co-workers and friends for the kindness they showed during and after my dad's passing last month.

I used the stamp People Like You.  I always use markers to color this stamp because it is just so pretty with the different colors together on one layer.  This time, I actually stamped the sentiment frame separately, punched it out and added dimensionals to give it a little more layering.  I pulled out Sycamore Street DSP (ret) and the matching summer starfruit ribbon to finish off the card.


I work with a great group of people, and even those who retire still keep in touch and join in the occasional gathering.  When I called in to work to let them know I was going to stay with Dad, everyone was so kind and telling me not to worry about work and to focus on family time.  They knew I was concerned since it was the first week of school and there was so much going on.  I received so many texts checking up on my family and telling me to take as much time as I needed. It really helped ease my mind and made doing the right thing quite a bit easier.  After Dad passed, there were cards, more texts, and food arriving and the promise of a very special memorial gift.  They were paying for the dried flowers from Dad's floral arrangement to be made into a rosary and a bracelet for me.  I thought that was such a special way to remember him and wanted to make some equally special thank you cards for them. I was also reminded of a Charles Schulz quote"In Life, It's not where you go, it's who you travel with".  They definitely make my work 'road' a little smoother and happier!

Thanks so much for stopping by and reading my ramblings! Have a terrific day!


1 comment:

  1. Margaret, your card is so soft and beautiful. Lovely!
    So sorry about your dad. Hugs to you.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!