Wednesday, June 5, 2019

At this rate I'll never die...


Hello! I've recently had a chance to do some cleaning and organizing in my craft studio.  It is a long way from finished, but I think I've been using the space long enough to see what is and isn't working.  I've ordered a few organizational pieces and I'm nudging DH to build me a custom shelf to hold my scrapbooks.  I'm not sure when that piece will ever be added to the space, but a girl can dream.

All of that cleaning unearthed A LOT of scrapbook supplies... I don't think I would ever have to buy another piece of patterned paper (not that I would ever commit to that!) and don't get me started on the embellishments and stickers!  I also have two boxes of photos that are printed and ready to be put into an album, and who knows how many photos stored on my computer that still need to be printed.  I decided that it would be a really good thing if I would start scrapping again to at least warrant having all of those supplies.

So today I closed myself off from the world (well except when taking care of DD2 who is recovering from ACL surgery) and got busy.  Instead of going in chronological order, I just started pulling out pictures and paper, and went wherever inspiration took me.  My pages were all pretty basic and nothing too time consuming, but I think they turned out pretty nice and more importantly-they are done!  I even got them put into albums!!

The first project I'm sharing is actually a new piece that I've been meaning to finish for DH's office.  DD2, DH, and I all went on the school choir's trip to NYC this spring.  We had a great time, saw a lot of wonderful buildings and sights, and walked more than I have walked in years...  I also took a ton of pictures and hope to start and finish DD2's scrapbook before she graduates!  While we were at the September 11th Memorial and Museum, DH started a conversation with a young Port Authority Officer.  They shared stories and compared careers (a big difference between a rural deputy sheriff and a NYC officer!) and before we left, he presented my DH with a Port Authority badge.  My husband was quite moved by his kindness and asked me if I could find a way to display it in a frame for his office.  I finally settled on a collage of photos from our trip with the badge in the center.  The photo I took of the finished frame isn't the greatest, but you get the idea.  He was very happy with it and can't wait to take it to work.


My next two pages were from some fun summer activities several years ago.  One thing about scrapping older pictures, you really appreciate how much your children have grown!  I went a little chipboard sticker crazy on this one because I was determined to use the entire package so it wouldn't be in my stash anymore!


My last page for today was something a bit new for me.  I had read somewhere that when people layer cardstock, they cut the center out of the back piece and reuse that with the rest of the page.  Now this didn't help my pile of papers get any smaller, but I do think it turned out pretty cool.  I added a few enamel tiles that have been in my stash forever.  I'm not sure that they really go with the paper and the theme of the photo, but they're on there now!  I also pulled a scrap of dotty ribbon that came from a gift and reused that as the bow under the photo.


Well, that's it for today!  I did manage to get a few more pages done, but I'll save them for another day.  Hopefully, my new storage carts will arrive soon and encourage me to do a little more cleaning and organizing!  Until then, I'll just have to scrapbook and use up what I can!

Have a wonderful rest of the week and thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!