Sunday, May 19, 2019

An update of sorts

Hello! I know it's been a long time since I've last checked in and I hate that I have been neglecting not only my blog but also my creative pursuits.  I could lay out a long sob story about what has been going on in my life, but that wouldn't do me (or you) any good.  So I will simply catch you up on what I am optimistically calling 'the year of refined priorities'.

We have family members with medical issues that are needing some extra care, and I'm spending some memory making time with Dad, who has terminal colon cancer.  If you are a praying person, we would love any prayers for our family for healing, strength, and acceptance.  On a positive note, we are planning a party for his 89th birthday next week and he is really looking forward to his special day!

We also made the incredibly difficult decision to put Shadow to sleep two weeks ago.  He has not only been a great dog, but a wonderful companion and friend.  It is difficult to sit here in my craft room and not hear the thump of his tail on the floor.  Those silly black Shadow hairs that used to get in my way while I was crafting actually brought tears to my eyes last week, but I was also so grateful for the reminder that Lab hair, like loved ones, never really leave us...

A friend shared this and I thought it was a perfect tribute to our furry best friends...


I'm not sure what the future holds, not only for my blog, but more importantly my life.  I hope to post things as I have time and also get in some blog visits to my cyber-friends.  I am grateful for the kindness that has been shown to both me and my blog, and I appreciate all of you more than you know!

4 comments:

  1. Margaret, I'm so sorry to read that about your dad. I hope he has the best birthday ever coming up though. Memory making time with him is so special too.
    I'm sad about reading about Shadow. I've lost some over the years and it just never gets easier. I know Shadow really will be waiting at the door for you and your family too.
    Sending you big hugs! Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Margaret, I'm so sorry to hear of Shadow's passing and your Dad's cancer. I've missed your posts; thanks for the update. Enjoy the birthday party and wishing all of you the best as you work through everything. HUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margaret- sorry to hear the news on your Dad- I am a praying person and will pray for him. I hope his birthday party went well. Sad news on Shadow as well- they do become members of the family- praying God's comfort for you and the famiy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Margaret - it's been so lovely to hear from you again. I've been meaning to come and say hi since you left your first message. But when I came it was to this post, and I wanted to wait until I had some proper time to offer my love and condolences. You have certainly been going through the mill. I'm so very sorry to hear about Shadow - it's devastating to lose a pet - they're so much more than a pet... a friend, a member of the family.

    On a happier note, I do hope all went well with your father's birthday celebrations. And also I'm very happy to see there are some new crafting posts in the last few days, so I'm off to check those out.

    Oh, and thank you especially for today's comment - I was very touched by it.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!