Saturday, June 8, 2019

Scrapbook Saturday

Hi! I'm back again with another scrapbook page.  This one is quite patriotic feeling, but also super simple.  The fanciest thing is the double matting on the photo (oooooohhhhhh!).  I managed to work some letter stickers on here and was shocked that I had all of the letters I needed for the title.  Since the photo was from the 4th of July I thought the stars and patriotic theme worked well.  My brother's blue Harley didn't hurt the plan either!  I added some silver star embellishments to dress it up a bit.  


Little by little, I'm getting those photos onto pages and into albums!  One would think that I was also getting rid of that mountain of embellishments and tower of paper, but that's not quite so accurate!  Still plenty there to use!

Yesterday, DD2 and I went to our LSS for a stenciling class.  We had so much fun playing! We experimented with inks, brushes, sponges, glitter gel, mousse, and palette knives.  Hannah, the owner, is a genius because she had so many different supplies for us to use and oh so conveniently had them available for purchase too!  DD2 informed me she was quite impressed with my restraint in not buying everything I liked, so I guess my whole 'use what you got' is working for me!  I did buy some of the incredibly gorgeous Gina K glitter gels that we both loved.  I'm looking forward to playing with those sometime soon.  I also bought Pixie Spray which deceivingly is not at all glittery or sparkly... It is this amazing adhesive spray that keeps your stencils in place as you work, yet allows you to remove the stencil without leaving a trace of stickiness on your paper.  Since this was a technique class, we didn't 'make' anything but I do have some fabulous sample pieces that will eventually become something wonderful!  Here they are in all their glory!

both of these feature the glitter gel, the black is also
sparkly, just a little hard to see in this pic...


 used the mousse on these, they were very pretty with 
the pearl finish, but I was controlling spending so
I didn't buy any of these!

 both of these are inks applied with these amazing
sponge brushes-not gonna lie, I really want these and
might just have to get myself a birthday present in a 
few months!

One of the best things about this class was being able to use all of the stencils I already have.  It really motivated me to keep these on my table so I can use them more often.  I still have a container of SU embossing paste that has never been  used...might be my next play day activity!


Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous weekend! I hope you find a little time to do something fun and creative!

1 comment:

  1. Patriotic red, white and blue in all its bright boldness - love that blue Harley! And what fabulous samples from your stencilling class... that glittering ombre doily is magical. Sounds as though you had lots of fun.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!