Friday, July 13, 2012

Flash Back Friday


Happy Friday!  I realize it is Friday the 13th, but since 13 tends to be a good number for me (married on 13th, child born on 13th, first home had 13 in the address), I don't buy into the whole 'bad things' superstition.  Besides, isn't any Friday a good day, regardless of the date!  I am a little sad that I have less than a month of summer vacation left...

Today, I have yet another Christmas card for you!  The good news is I made 3 other cards besides this one and now my Merry Moments is all but gone!  So while I will continue to make at least one Christmas card a week (trying to stay ahead!), there will be a lot more new products and a wider variety of cards, after the last three are posted!  

Once again, I've used a Merry Monday sketch-#9 to be exact.  This seemed to be a good sketch as well (still grumbling about the complete loss of mojo on #7!) and the ornament just seemed to be the perfect thing to put on the center panel!


The pattern I punched out is probably my favorite design out of the entire package.  I'm a little sad it's all  but gone, but I am sure I will find a new favorite to replace it! My Flash Back items are the DSP (obviously!) and the now retired snow burst embossing folder (still sad about this one...), and the stamp set.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend and are able to find a little time to be crafty!

Card Recipe: Cardstock-crumb cake, very vanilla, real red, Merry Moments DSP (ret), Ink-chocolate chip, Stamp Set-warm words, Accessories-snow burst folder (ret), perfect polka dots folder, ornament punch, bitty banners framelits, lucky limeade bakers twine, scallop trim border punch

6 comments:

  1. Great card, love the ornament punched out of the paper and the colors. Then let's discuss the yummy embossing. My hubby's favorite number is 13, always wore it playing baseball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margaret! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such sweet comments. It's always good to hear from you. I love this card so much! I can see why the ornament is one of your favs. It's just perfect for the card. I love how you hung it by the baker's twine too. Good for you on getting a head start with your holiday cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty well perfect if you ask me! Love the embossed panel behind the beautiful ornament and the way you did the sentiment.
    Very nice!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. So weird, we were married on the 13th also and our first house had 13 in it too!! (Insert Twilight Zone music). We are definitely cosmically linked in our oddities..hee hee. No, I was referring to mental states, but...LOL!
    I love the bold strip on this card. The embossed textures are superb and this is a VERY striking Christmas card chica. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really - that embossing folder is retired ? I sure hope there are some new designs in the Holiday Mini Catalog ! Great color combination and sketch on your cute hanging ornament card, thanks for sharing =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the two embossing patterns framing this pretty ornament!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!