Thursday, May 21, 2020

Throwback Thursday-Fall Formal

It's Thursday and that means another Throwback day using my older stash.  And today is truly a throwback because everything on these pages are old! Well, not the adhesive or photos... but everything else practically had to have the dust blown off!

I pulled out Autumn Traditions, which is almost completely gone now, and made the first two layouts.  The third called for something a bit more sparkly and I used some VERY old glitter paper.  I can't tell you how much glue and adhesive I had to use to get anything to work on that paper.  Now I know why it hasn't been used!

My pages feature DD2's last high school formal. Years ago, it was in January and called the Snowball Formal, but between bad weather and busy sports scheduling, they moved it to the end of November.  Hence the name change to Fall Formal. The photos on the first page were taken at my home where we still had our fall decor on display.  The second page's photos were at a friends, who decided to decorate for Christmas for the occasion.  The last page is my favorite and truly captures the spirits of both girls.

nothing fancy, used the cricut for the letters

added a thin red ribbon and a hidden journal tag on this page

the dreaded glitter paper...it really was a pain to get 
anything to stick to it!  Good thing it's pretty!

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I hope you are inspired to blow the dust off some of your older supplies and create!  Have a wonderful day!

Page Recipes: SU Autumn Traditions DSP, Colorbok glitter paper, soft suede, very vanilla, night of navy, DCWV navy photo mat Accessories-red ribbon from stash, scallop tag topper, Cricut for alphas

1 comment:

  1. What a fun font for your die cut letters. I imagine they were tricky to get adhered so perfectly in place, especially on that glitter paper.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!