Thursday, May 7, 2020

Throwback Thursday- Christmas Bash

Hi! I am so happy you are here!  I have three throwback pages to share today and they all but used up my hoarded beloved Christmas paper!  When I first started scrapbooking, I would hoard pretty papers and embellishments for just the right pages. Now that I've been doing this for a little while (20 something years), I've learned a few lessons.
  1. There will always be more paper/embellishments/ribbon
  2. If you keep things too long, sometimes you don't like them anymore.
  3. It is a royal pain to move all of those supplies and attempt to organize them when you get a new home.
  4. Any page can be the perfect page for pretty paper!
After moving into our new home, I really decided I needed to USE what I have and only buy what I really NEED to have.  Surprisingly, I don't need a lot (probably because I have a scrapbook store's worth of inventory in my craft room), and it's been a bit of an adventure to rediscover my supplies!

Today's pages use some old SU Christmas paper and some gorgeous birds from a dear scrapping friend.  I decided to use the cardinals because the pages are from our first Christmas without Dad.  It made me feel like even though he wasn't in the photos, he was still on those pages.  I've always said paper crafting was my therapy, but these pages were especially healing.


**hidden tags behind the two right photos



**hidden tag behind lower right photo

I was making an effort to use as much of the pattern paper as I could, but there is still enough paper left for another layout and maybe some cards.  I'll have to work on that!

I think everything used on these pages are throwback supplies.  Nothing new that I can see!!

Thanks so much for visiting today!  I hope you find some time to create today!

Page Recipes:  Paper-Holly Berry Bouquet DSP, wild wasabi, real red, very vanilla, Accessories- cardinal embellishments, Martha Stewart greenery punch, wild wasabi ribbon

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh, I love the meaning behind use of the gorgeous Cardinals on your pages, sniffle. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!