Saturday, October 19, 2019

Scrapbook Saturday-Pretty Pages

Hello! I have another quick post to share today.  We are officially on fall break and DD#2 and I are going to sneak some college visits into our week of relaxing and enjoying the beautiful fall weather.  But today is about getting a few more pages in the albums and I'm hoping to finish 2011 and 2012 by the end of next week.  Wish me luck!!

If my new pages go together as quickly as these did, I shouldn't have any trouble with that goal.  When I have the right pages, all I need are a few embellishments and some photo matting.  I'm not even sure where the first page came from... I'm thinking it may have been a gift from a crop since I don't remember buying it.  I added a few stickers and some pearl centered flowers and that was pretty much it.  The pink tab next to the second photo is actually a journaling block I tucked in behind the photo.  I haven't used this technique in a while, but I love how it keeps the pretty paper uncluttered. 


 The second page was equally easy.  I wasn't sure when I would ever use the alphabet paper, but this back to school photo worked perfectly.  I added a quote from a sheet and a journaling block from a Project Life kit I bought a loooong time ago. 

I really hope my pages don't get too boring for my blog viewers!  I really have a lot of memories to record in albums and time doesn't seem to be slowing down to wait for me to catch up!  I will probably take one day to work on cards since I'll be needing some birthday cards soon, and I really need to work on my Christmas cards if I'm going to have those ready in time. 

Well, I really need to do something productive like laundry and cleaning today, so I better end this with a thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I think it's so great that you are giving these photos the time and display they deserve, even so many years after the event. It gives me hope that I might one day get around to the journal I had planned to do about my visit to Egypt in 2008!! Love that alphabet paper - so fun and colourful - and I really like the florals too. Great to hear from you today and a good nudge to get me visiting... I'm not as efficient about it as I used to be!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, your projects are never boring! Your posts are always a fun read, too. I'm so happy for you to have been able to get so many photos scrapped :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!