Monday, December 9, 2019

Merry Monday- Santa's Coming!

Well, hello there! I am so glad you stopped in and if you read the title, you know I have another Christmas card to share.  I'm in a bit of a panic because I am still not finished with my Christmas cards and Christmas will soon be here!

I've been carving some time out to work on them, but between work and all of the other holiday prep, it has been slow going.  Today's card helped me add a few more completed cards to my box and I love how pretty Santa's beard looks on this!  I was worried about how the thinlit would work because I couldn't find the mat that I usually use with my detailed dies, but it cut like a champ.  My real issue ended up dealing with attaching the die cut to the card base.  I used my precision glue, but it was still a bit messy.  I could use the adhesive sheets, but I hate the idea of wasting all of the pieces that are cut away... yes, I know, too frugal for my own good...


Although I wasn't crazy about the shine from the dried glue, I still think these turned out pretty well, and I love the red, black, and white combo.

I will be back Wednesday with more cards, and I'll even have a Flashback Friday for you too!  Thanks so much for visiting and have a great day!

Card Recipe: Paper-real red, whisper white, Stamp Set-Timeless Tidings, Ink-Memento Tuxedo Black, Accessories-Detailed Santa Thinlits

1 comment:

  1. Ooooo, I like it ! I had my eye on this die when it was on the clearance rack, but also thought "how would I glue it in place?". I've since seen a tip: use a stampin sponge dipped in liquid glue to sponge it on the backside.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!