Thursday, February 1, 2018

Throwback Thursday-More Valentines

Welcome!  I am so glad you are here to witness the using of some very neglected pieces of paper!!  Today's Throwbacks are Valentines and I am almost embarrassed to admit how long these things have been hanging around...  I don't even remember cutting the large pink heart, but it was stuck in a folder of Valentines stickers and papers.  The circle 'I 💓You' came from one of my kids school Valentine projects. These are old enough that I don't have a picture on my blog of the original, so it was sometime before 2011...yeah...  Anyway, there was a ziploc baggie full of these that were the punched out centers of  heart shaped candy holders.  They were almost in the trash can when I thought "I could make Valentines and use these up..."  I think I heard a collective sigh of relief from the bag as I set it on the 'make something' pile!  I am happy to report that there were only a few left when I finished making my cards! You can see what I did with those in a few more days!! So cute!!!!

A little Dazzling Details, a little embossing...

More embossing and Dazzling Details...

I love how the right embossing folder can take a card from 'eh' to 'WOW' with very little effort!  Of course, I had to add a little sparkle to give them some extra pizzazz!!  I now have all of my Valentines finished and there's still plenty of time to address and mail them! Woot! Woot! Add to that the fact that I've used up some older goodies and I'm having a pretty good week!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful rest of the week!

Card Recipes: Paper-whisper white, real red, pretty in pink, Patterns Love DSP (ret), Ink-real red, Stamp Set-Sweet Centers (ret), Accessories-Dazzling Details, Boho Chic ef, Happy Heart ef, and a Paper Studio embossing folder

1 comment:

  1. Sweet cards and way to go using up some old stash that almost ended up in the trash!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!