Saturday, February 17, 2018

Cowabunga!! Having a little birthday fun!

Duuuude! So awesome you are here! TOTALLY!!  Ok, I'm done now...  How else could I introduce today's cards?!  I mean...NINJA TURTLES...Hellooo!!!

A recent check of my card stash let me know I was in desperate need of some cards for kids birthdays.  Now we know I have more than enough stamps, but unfortunately the kiddos in my life range from itty bitty and cute to I'm too cool to get excited over a birthday card (but don't stop making them for me...).  Most of my stamps are perfect for itty bitty, girly, or adult male, but nothing in the range of "I'm too cool".  Fortunately, I don't mind going shopping for some new things, especially if I know I really need them!  I found a super cool and fun 12x12 paper featuring the TMNT and knew it would work for those boys...um guys...  I wasn't sure exactly how these would turn out because there was one larger focal image and the rest was similarly sized background.  I ended up making 5 cards from this one sheet of paper!  I really like how the focal image worked on the first card, but have to admit that the others turned out pretty awesome too!  My biggest challenge was finding words/sentiments to fit.  I have NONE in my stamp collection and had NO luck finding something at my local scrapbooking store... I finally resorted to my cricut and MDS to make the perfect additions.




I cut the word DUDE! on different colors of cardstock, matted them on black and then again on the coordinating color.  I used the cricket cartridge Jubilee and also dusted off my Xyron sticker maker for these. So glad I didn't have to attempt gluing those skinny letters on there!



I created a postcard design in MDS to make the inside sentiment for the cards.  I love MDS for creating multiple or similar projects.  After I made the first design, I simply added more pages, changed the font color on the word Awesome, and printed them out! Piece of cake! Or should that be pizza?

The best thing about these cards is that two of them are going to grown, adult men!  Two of my nephews were a part of the original TMNT crew and still enjoy them.  The oldest was so wrapped up in them when he was younger that he would stop and look in every storm sewer to see if they were there! The other is now sharing all of his memorabilia with his son.  Great memories and I know they'll enjoy this flashback!

I hope your day is Totally Awesome and thanks so much for stopping by!

Card Recipes: Paper- Sandy Lion TMNT designer paper, Real Red, Brilliant Blue, Only Orange, Basic Black, Whisper White, Accessories-MDS, Cricut cartridge Jubilee

3 comments:

  1. Margaret, these are super fantastic!!! To think that you got all those cards out of one sheet of paper too. LOVE THEM! It's really hard to come up with stamps and cards for that age group you're talking about I know. These will be perfect though!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! My son was a TMNT for Halloween last year so I may need to CASE this one for him ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The boys (and men) are going to love these cards, very cool for sure !

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!