Monday, April 16, 2012

Scrapbook Monday-Nifty to be 50

I want to start off with a personal note of thanks to all who left get well comments for my DH.  He is doing a bit better and is getting around a lot better now.  Due to the nature of his job, he will be on a leave of absence until the first of May when he is released by his doctor.  Now I'll be needing prayers for his sanity (and mine!) as he wanders around the house looking for something he can do!  Maybe I can teach him to scrapbook!!  We are very blessed that his surgery went well and even more so that they did not find anything to be alarmed about.

Saturday, my sister and I went to a Relay for Life fundraising crop.  We started at about 8:30 and finally called it quits at 2:00! It was WONDERFUL!!! I had a great time checking out others creativity, eating lots of awesome food, winning prizes, and of course getting some crafting done!  They really spoiled all of us and I was so proud to finish 6 pages in my sister's 50th birthday album.  I also got all of the prep work done for my club projects.  So now I have the rest of the week to play around with other fun crafty projects.  My sister made the cutest purse card and silly me....I forgot to take a picture of it.  Had my camera and everything and didn't take the first picture...  I will try to snag one and post it on my blog.  We had the best time just crafting and oohing and ahhing over the different pages and cards.

But enough of my weekend... On to the scrapbook page!  I am the youngest in our family and while I always took a lot of good natured teasing about being the 'baby' and 'spoiled'.  I am now able to enjoy giving the 'over the hill' comments that I can share with my wonderful older sisters!!  The coffin was not my idea (wish it was!hee!hee!) but since our color theme was black and white, we thought it looked perfect in the corner!  My sister was a true sport and even stepped in to pose for pictures!  I had to pull in some spider web dp from my stash to add to the 'fun' of this page!


I used the stamp set Party This Way for the awesome balloons and the arrow. A little fussy cutting, a few dimensionals, and I had the perfect embellishments for the theme.  The title was cut with the cricut and the journaling lines are from a very retired stamp called Just Journaling.  It may have been my very first SU stamp!!  I left the journaling area blank so my sister could record her own thoughts.

**The Stampin' UP retiring stamp set list is now available!  Be sure to get your favorites before they are gone!!

Have a wonderful Monday, and may the rest of your week be crafty!

Page Recipe: Whisper White and Basic Black cardstock, dp from stash, Party This Way and Just Journaling stamp sets, black stazon ink


13 comments:

  1. Oh WOW, what a blast it sounds like you had! Prizes, food and productivity and all for a good cause, that sounds wonderful.
    Your layout page is a royal HOOT! I LOVE THIS!!
    Your sister is a good sport and the way you've preserved this memory is perfect. The spider web looks great. :)
    Glad to hear that DH is doing well and I will give a shout out prayer for sanity..LOL...teach him to scrapbook..hahahaha. Let me know if that works, I'll be second in line to give it a try!
    Have a great week my friend.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margaret! Glad to hear that your hubby is doing a bit better! Sounds like you had a fun crafy weekend! What a fun scrapbook page you shared...love the mix of papers with the cute balloons. Have a great day! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a fun day and managed to get some projects done too. I love when that happens.
    Great layout of your sister too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful, productive day at the crop - I'm looking forward to seeing more fun 50th Birthday pages like this fun one =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like everything is getting easier, which is great, now what to do to keep hubby busy.....fold laundry??? That's a tough one. What a great cropping day, wow that was a long time, but usually goes fast. Loving this page, that picture is too funny and the paper you used really is perfect. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great scrapbook page!! Love the coffin joke. Glad your hubby's surgery went well and that he's on the mend. Thanks for all your lovely comments on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun and FANTASTIC! Love the layout too. So very cute!
    Glad your husband is doing ok now...I tried to teach mine some of the card making/stamping......I really thought I'd lose my mind over that one!
    Love the page - and glad y'all had a good weekend!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL This page is awesome!! Your sister is a good sport! Someone would have to slide me some cold, hard cashola to step into a coffin!! This is a great stamp set. Love the way you used it. Also, I fully support teaching your hubby to scrapbook! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. look at this, how absolutely fun! great title and love the coffin :) g lad you had a good time at your Relay for Life ... we do that yearly on honor of my husbands fight (we do the walk, candle tribute) Glad to hear your hubby is okay and resting. be well, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun layout and how nice of you to be making an album for your sister like that! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just too funny! What a good sport your sister was. Sounds as though you had a great time and a much needed break. So glad DH is doing well. Thanks so much for visiting my blog & leaving such nice comments. What a sweetie you are!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hehehe, your sis is a good sport. I, too, have a MUCH older sister but she'd kill me if I did this. :-) I love this page and the coffin has me in stitches. A lot of love went into this and what a great way to preserve this milestone in her life. Hope hubs is on the mend and your sanity is in tact!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the DSP! I would have never thought to use that. Also, it's just a great layout all the way around.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!