Sunday, April 1, 2012

Another CASE!

I had grand plans of spending full days of my spring break crafting the hours away.  But the reality was days full of cleaning out closets, laundry, grocery shopping, gardening, running DD to practice, and hanging out with my girls.  We even had a cookout and campfire one evening!  Not a bad way to spend a week, but it did make it a bit difficult to be completely immersed in creating.  So I did the next best thing.  I looked at other's fantastic creations and made my version.  Super creative...not really.  Relaxing and quick...definitely!

Today's card is a CASE of a card made a long time ago by my upline Kelly.  I loved the overall design of the card and after spending most of the day outside, I thought the butterfly stamp was just calling to be inked up!


A pretty self explanatory card.  Hope you have a wonderful day and a great rest of the week!

Card Recipe: Cardstock-Cheerful Treat DSP, bashful blue, lucky limeade, whisper white, Ink-bashful blue, black Stazon, Stamp Sets- Butterfly Prints, Precious Butterflies (sent) Punches-corner rounder, butterfly punch, scallop trim border punch, Extras-melon mambo scallop dots ribbon


13 comments:

  1. That is one of the nicest sentiments and how perfect for this card. :) The butterfly is perfect and I see why you chose this layout...CAS and stunning!!! So glad you were able to spend quality time with the girls....that's better than any crafted card, I think. :)
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend my friend. Supposed to be a scorcher today...UGH!! Obviously Winter and now Spring have gotten lost.
    Hugs to you,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very charming and pretty creation, Margaret.
    Love the way you shaped the sentiment block, and the colours make me yearn for spring....but we've got snow on the way, so I'm a happy anyway...haa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, Margaret, and love that color combination you used! Lovely card.
    Glad you had a good Spring Break - even if it was busy.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, gotta love those "best laid plans"! Why does life have to get in the way of stamping time? Lol! Such a pretty card. I love the rounded corners and the fun color combo. Hope you had a fun weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guess I am like you, need to get my chores done before playing :) This is such a sweet card, love butterflies and the colors. Love how you did the rounded corners for the butterfly, will have to give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card and that fabby butterfly and quote, the CAS design makes them stand out and it's perfectly wonderful!! So glad you had some quality time with your girls!
    BTW, what a naughty friend we have in Lisa M. who played a nasty trick on us April's Fools. I totally missed it this year as we were in Atlanta on a family trip with the DS before he ships out for basic training. What are we going to do with her??? LOL!
    Have an awesome week,
    Lisa S.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card Margaret. The sentiment is just so perfect. I too like to get my chores done before playing but then I run out of steam and just can't get motivated to play:(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and so well designed. Love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had a wonderful break - and were able to create a few pretty projects, too. I like the colors, two rounded corners and center of the buterfly detail!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! Sometimes our best creations stem from the original design of others! Love your version of this pretty, pretty card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty card. I love that color combo and sweet butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely sentiment Margaret I love the butterfly Fab Card Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  13. How pretty---I love the CAS look, the colors you used here look so, so nice!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!