Friday, November 15, 2019

Snowy Woods

Hi! I am so happy you are here!  I've managed to make a few Christmas cards to add to my box and while I was waiting for the glitter gel to dry on one design (gotta come back Monday to see that one!),  I decided to play around with embossing and sponging with a snowy woods scene.

I have pinned several ideas, but decided to just do my own thing for this one.  I started out inking the trees in very vanilla on the flip side of this, but didn't like the end product, so I turned the paper over and did the reverse.  The trees had a chilly vibe about them, and I thought this would make a good card to send to someone who is missing a loved one. Christmas isn't always merry and jolly for everyone and the sentiment on the inside is reflective of that as well.


I'm hoping to find a little more time this weekend to get a few more cards made.  My goal is to use two different DSP packs that are almost gone to make the rest of my cards, but I'm sure I'll break the rules and do a few unique ones as well!  Can't be too rigid when it comes to Christmas and holiday cards!!

Thanks so much for stopping in and I hope you have an amazing day!

Card Recipe: Paper-soft suede, naturals ivory, Ink-very vanilla, soft suede, Stamp Set- Curly Cute, Timeless Tidings, Accessories-woodland textured embossing folder, ink dauber

2 comments:

  1. I really like this done in reverse and agree, it will make a special card for someone. Looking forward to seeing your Christmas cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love birch trees, and the wintry look of this is just perfect.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!