Saturday, November 9, 2019

Scrapbook Saturday-stencil fun!

Hello! So glad you are here! I have a little confession to make...I've bought more stencils... Yes, I know I promised to use all my old supplies... Does it count if I bought the stencils to use up my old cardstock??  Please say yes!!

In the last few months, I have rediscovered the joy of visiting my LSS and talking with the owner whom I have known for a very long time!  Even if I don't buy much, it is so inspiring to wander through the store and get new ideas. The downfall to this is I discover new things that I love and really want to play with-like stencils!

I have had stencils in my stash for a very long time and when I first got them I did use them, but they were sometimes difficult to work with and I didn't like some of the ink marks that didn't blend correctly.  So I stopped using them and they sat there. And sat there...and sat there. Until one day I saw that my friend Hannah was teaching a class on stenciling using a variety of mediums.  I signed up, attended, had a blast, and was hooked.  I now have pixie spray that holds those stencils in place so it's easier to ink and glitter them up, and I am the proud owner of a growing collection of glitter paste.  The blending brushing to eliminate those pesky ink lines are on my wish list and I'm hoping Santa thinks I've been good enough to deserve them!  Did I mention I bought new stencils? LOL!

I am giving myself permission to indulge because it has reconnected me with some creative ideas and some good friends as well.  My last visit led to the purchase of two different snowflake stencils that I couldn't wait to use.  The one I'm sharing today is from Taylored Expressions and it made a fabulous 
background for  some snowy pics that have been in my stash.

my new stencil, white craft ink, and a dauber
(it actually worked well for this technique, but I'm
still asking for those brushes!!)

my blue paper got an upgrade!

pulled out some old 3D stickers to finish out the page

Had so much fun, I made another one!!

While I know I need to use my old supplies, it was a lot of fun to add something new to my table.  And...since this new stencil helped me scrap two pages of older photos with old embellishments, I'm still calling this a win for using up my stash!

My other stencil has smaller snowflakes and I'm thinking a little white glitter paste will make some wonderfully sparkly Christmas cards.  Guess I've found my inspiration for Monday's Christmas cards!!

Thanks so much for visiting and I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Find some time to play!! You won't regret it!


2 comments:

  1. Nice page! I am trying that snowflake stencil technique on a card. I am using one of my cookie stencils...wish me luck!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stenciled papers for your scrap pages, perfect for those photos and stickers.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!