Thursday, November 8, 2018

Throwback Thursday Playing around with Fun Folds!

Surprise! Yes, this is my second post of the week!  I did some cleaning over our fall break and I guess I found my mojo in the process!  I have a throwback project today, which means I'm digging into my older supplies and using them up!

Earlier this week, I shared some Christmas cards I made using a fun fold (you can get the instructions for these cards on that post!) and it inspired me to make a few more cards using this.  A quick peek in my card storage boxes showed me that while I have a lot of thinking of you and thank you cards, I didn't have but ONE anniversary card...can't have that!!  So today's cards are going into my stash boxes so I'm ready for those special days.




I had a hard time choosing patterned paper for these.  I have so much paper and I really need to use more!  I decided to pull out some of my older paper (many of the colors in these are now discontinued) and make some true throwback cards.  The cards on the left in both photos use Cottage Wall and the cards on the right use Tea Party.  I had to do some digging to find the almost amethyst cardstock and I don't have much of it left...  Hopefully it will get me through the Tea Party paper!  The sentiment on the top photo is from Stampabilities and the bottom sentiment is from Word Play.

Our family is hosting Thanksgiving again this year, and while everyone brings a dish or two to share, the majority of the cooking falls on DH and I.  I really need to take an inventory of my pantry and see what needs to be added to the grocery list.  I know if I don't do it while I'm thinking about it, I will forget until the very last second!  Please tell me I'm not alone in this!  Everyone thinks I'm organized, but it's really catastrophe prevention 99% of the time!  Thanks so much for visiting and have a fabulous day!

1 comment:

  1. Another pretty set of simple enough to make cards using up more of your stash. I am also a hoarder of paper (and ribbon and....) and really need to make an effort to use more of it up.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!