Monday, November 5, 2018

Mondays keep getting merrier!

Happy Monday and as you may have guessed from the title, I have another Christmas card post!!  My box is slowly filling with cards and I'm starting to think that I just might be able to mail these babies out at the beginning of December instead of the beginning of January!  

Today's cards are very quick and easy and it's a fun fold I haven't used in quite a while.  I'll share the measurements at the end of my post.


I have been making an effort to use up my hoarded Christmas papers and I can actually see the packs getting smaller finally!  The papers I used for today's cards are from Holiday Treasures, a very retired pack that I still love! The papers have a vintage feel that seems perfect for the holidays!  I also used the sentiment set Wacky Wishes, which hasn't seen ink in quite a while.  I think I heard it crying "pick me!" as I looked through my stamps, so I did! 

This fold is quite easy.  You start with a 12x12 sheet of cardstock and get two bases from it.  Cut the papers into 5 1/2 x 12 pieces.  There will be a strip of 1" paper left that you can either toss or save for another purpose.  Score the paper at 2",4", 8", and 10".  Then simply fold your card on the creases.  The 4 and 8 are folded in toward the center and the 2 and 10 are folded out.  This gives you two nice flaps to decorate. I cut my pattern paper into 1 3/4 x 5 1/4 pieces and glued them to the flaps.  Then I stamped the sentiment, mounted it onto cardstock and glued the left half to the left flap of the card base.  Make sure you don't glue the entire sentiment piece down or you won't be able to open the card.  I hope the instructions are easy enough to follow. If you have any questions, just ask!

Well, that's it for me today.  I hope you have a wonderful day and thanks so much for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you used such a fun font sentiment on your fun fold , patterned paper Christmas cards

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!