Monday, November 12, 2018

Merry Moments-A Cause for Celebration!

WARNING: PHOTO HEAVY POST!  No really... LOTS of photos!!!

Hello! I am having a little party in my studio today because I just did the impossible!! Well...almost impossible (for me especially).  I have completely finished a pack of Christmas paper! An entire pack has been used up!! Shocked?! I can hardly believe it myself!

If this is your first time visiting, I would like to clarify that I'm not crazy (my mother had me tested) and I do have a very good reason to celebrate.  You see, I am a bit of a paper hoarder (don't laugh at the understating of this issue if you're a regular) and since we moved into our new home, I have been working diligently to use my incredibly large supply of patterned paper.  A few years ago I celebrated using all of Ski Slope (a veeerrry retired pack of SU paper) and now I get to celebrate again as I have once again used an entire pack of paper.  Merry Moments has always been one of my favorites because it has such a wonderful vintage feel to it, and I have used it a lot in scrapbooking and card making.  After a recent perusing of my Christmas stash, I realized I didn't have a full sheet of any of these papers and that was all the incentive I needed to get busy and finish it off.  I'm not going to lie, it took an entire day of planning and positioning to do this, and I did feel a little sad that it's all gone, but now there is one less package of Christmas paper on the shelf and I'm even closer to having my Christmas cards done on time.

I know you didn't really come here to read my ramblings, so here are the SEVEN different things I created using the last of Merry Moments.




I had 1/2 sheets of these patterns and managed to make 10 cards from them!

I even used the tiny bits to make a quilt card and a little embellishment for 
either a card or a scrapbook page!

Here I used the biggest piece of paper, as well as some tiny strips to make
my scrapbook page.  This will eventually hold two or three photos.

I would love to say that this means that I can go buy more paper, but there is still a lot more on that shelf, and unless the paper is truly crying my name, I won't be buying anything new yet!  I've actually been eyeing the pack of Christmas Cocoa that only has 2 full sheets left and lots of bits and pieces... Who knows? I may be celebrating again really soon!

I hope this has inspired you to dig into your older papers and use them up! Have a fabulous day and thanks so much for stopping by to celebrate with me!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on using up all that paper - and all your cards are so pretty too!!! Great job. I love that paper you used. Sometimes I don't think I'll ever get all mine used.
    (Margaret, thank you so much for that sweet card. It really means a lot to me. Hugs
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo, an entire package of paper down , but how many more to go ? Ha ha! Pretty set of cards and I like the variation in designs. Love to bonus scrapbook page, too!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!