Sunday, June 29, 2014

Gimme Five- 5th Sunday Challenge at ABAC

Hello! I am so glad you are here!  Today is the fifth Sunday of the month and that means it's time for a special challenge at Anything But a Card Challenges.  Any time a month has five Sundays we do a 'five' challenge.  Your creation can have the number five, five embellishments, five stamps, five anything!  As long as it has something to do with five and is NOT a card, you're good!

I decided to do another page in my quotes journal and used five flower stamps to create my garden.  I found a quote by Hemingway "When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead." and I thought this was a great reminder to not take life so seriously.  I also wanted to make a fun page to go with the quote so out came the bright colors and a stamp set that I have not used in a very long time.  I had a lot of fun using the blender pen to 'paint' the flowers and the butterfly.  I also used pastels to create the sky.


I hope that you decide to do something for fun and join us in our Five Challenge!  Have a wonderful week!

Project Recipe: Stamp Set-Time Well Spent, Ink- assorted inks from the brights collection, Tuxedo black (memento), blender pen, pastels

9 comments:

  1. Love your quote! I'm not dead so I had better take some time to find some flowers as wonderful as yours and have a little fun too Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love this Margaret, so cheerful ,summery and with a whimsical feel. The quote is one to remember too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great quote!!! And so very true!
    Love your page and those pretty flowers. I keep trying to work with pastels and just can't seem to get the hang of it. Love the look of them on this.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness this is so, SO cute! I love the flower images you used, they are so fun and whimsical, and the colors are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Margaret! Love the quote & beautiful flowers you used...such a beautiful design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whimsical, cheery bright page in your inspiring quote book !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous page Margaret! I love the cheery colors and pretty flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, what a fun page - so bright and fresh and those words are so true!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!