Sunday, June 1, 2014

Anything But A Card Challenges you to Summer Lovin'!

Hi! We have a brand new challenge at Anything But a Card.  Summer Lovin' is our theme and we would love to see your summer lovin' creations-beach, bbq, camping, vacation, sunny colors, anything that says summer to you is great with us!  The only thing you can't share is a card, hence the name of the site!  However, I am not sharing my DT project this week, so I CAN share a card with YOU!

This would be perfect for the theme if we could make cards! Mr. Riley is so ready to cool off in the pool, lake, or ocean...yeah! Let's go with ocean!  I made this for my nephew who has a birthday next month.  He would enjoy celebrating his birthday in the water too!


I played with the new Blendabilities markers on this one!  They are similar to copic markers, but Stampin' UP groups them in sets of three so coloring challenged people like me don't have to figure out how to get the perfect color shading.  Oh, how I love that!  I do have to confess that the flippers and the antlers were colored with copics.  While I'm admitting things, I fudged a little on the colors.  The marker family and cardstock is coastal cabana, but the blue in the dsp and twine is pool party.  But hey, at least they are both water themed!!  Honestly, I really couldn't tell that much difference.

Well, I hear the laundry calling my name (why doesn't it ever call my DH?), so I better get busy before it takes over again!  Have a wonderful week!

Card Recipe: Paper-coastal cabana, whisper white, basic black, sweet sorbet dsp, Ink-memento tuxedo black, coastal cabana, skin tones, and cherry cobbler blendabilities, soft suede, Stamp Set-Remembering Your Birthday (sentiment), Riley the moose from Riley and Co., Accessories-pool party bakers twine, scallop tag topper, crystal effects

6 comments:

  1. I've been hearing so much about the Blendable markers from SU. This is colored great using them and your card is adorable. I love that little Riley image and love the design. I'm sure your nephew is going to be excited to get this one. VERY cute!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those markers sound fantastic Margaret and I love the look of them on your card. It's terrific! I hope you'll join in on my blog giveaway this month. :) Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. TThis is a really cute card. love the image and the colours you used. Thank you for your lovely comments on my posts.Cheers, Di

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bwahahaha...laundry call the husband..LOL...what a hoot ;)
    Your card is wonderful Sib and using the combo of copics and the new SU to demonstrate is perfect. I hadn't heard of them and now I'm all (opposite of doing laundry) excited!!
    hugs,
    Sib

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the color combo and your layout on this cute, wonderfully colored card !

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just to darn cute, love the image, and the papers are perfect for it.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!