Sunday, June 15, 2014

Anything But a Card Challenge-Summer Lovin'

Hi! I am so happy you stopped by today!  It's my turn to share my project for the Summer Lovin' challenge at Anything But a Card Challenges.  I am sure that for most people, summer brings to mind beaches, barbecues, and swimming. Those are all marvelous summer activities, but in our household, summer has always meant SOFTBALL!  So I created a scrapbook page of DD#2 playing softball.  

This was her second year of softball-back when it was all about the cute socks, visor that matched the uniform, and picking clover in the outfield.  Now she is much less concerned about the socks, traded her visor for ultra cool sunglasses, and enjoys the constant activity of playing third base.  Of course, you can still catch her and her teammates giggling in the dugout, probably about boys... Sigh...


I started with a softball themed dp which made the background quite simple.  I did dress up the letter o in softball with a handmade softball embellishment.  I also added 'stitching' to the yellow mat.  The softballs on the journaling card were made using the retired stamp set, Home Run.


I hope my softball page has encouraged you to document your favorite summer activity too!  If you're not into scrapbooking, why not try an ATC, art journal page, mixed media, or just about anything else you can think of!  We would love for you to link up with us!!

Page Recipe: Paper-softball dp (not sure of creator), crumb cake, yellow cardstock from my stash, Stamp Set-Home Run, Just Journaling, Ink-crumb cake, real red, Accessories-1 3/8" circle punch, 1" circle punch, real red stitched ribbon

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful page love the cute socks and visor.
    I haven't done any traditional scrapbooking in over a year and this page makes me want to do some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great page - love those baseballs, a great accent to the photos!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous page Margaret. I love the soft balls, especially their colour and the coordinating strips look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved both playing and coaching softball in my previous life Margaret.Your page says it all...out and about...bright and happy and playing with those bright softballs....Our practice balls are bright orange in Australia and match balls always white!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great page a a great summer activity. Wonderful work with the stitching at the bottom of the pictures too.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a terrific page, Margaret ! The stitching border along the photos really ties it all together.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!