Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The last of the accomplishments, aka Day 13...

Hello! I'm so glad you've joined me in celebrating the grand finale of accomplishing something from my holiday to do list!  Today, I'm sharing a very simple little gift that I put together for the members of our youth choir at church.

This is a small group, but they are so enthusiastic and fun!  They even requested to have a practice on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving even though we were planning to take the week off.  They also came up with the idea of going caroling to some of the older members of our church.  Can you tell I'm completely in love with this group?! I wanted to make them a little something.  Not a big gift, but something to show our appreciation.  I decided on the 'snowman soup' packet-hot chocolate w/ marshmallows and a candy cane.



I also wanted to add something related to singing and found a great Bible verse.
As I was typing this, it reminded me of Buddy the Elf and I thought this group
would appreciate the connection between the biblical verse and a quote from Elf.



I was determined to use up my stash on these and I'm proud to say that everything (with the exception of the ink, punch, and some vanilla & cherry cobbler cardstock) is from that ever present stack of retired papers and ribbon that seems to grow the more I use it.  Do craft supplies reproduce??  Maybe I need to separate my masculine and feminine papers... (heh!)  The general design of the pouches came from something I saw on Pinterest and found here.  I felt that I needed to give credit where it was due.

Well, that's it for me! Hope you have a marvelous day and thanks so much for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, that's so perfect!! I absolutely love the sentiments on the inside. I find I often confuse scripture with elf-ology myself... :D This is fantastic and it truly made me laugh out loud! I bet the kids loved these. It's so much fun to receive handmade gifts of appreciation.
    Thanks for the smiles today and happy Tuesday SIB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret, that sounds like a great group of kids!!! These are cute too and know they enjoyed them. Love that verse and elf saying. Just perfect for this cute little gift idea!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely gift - and great work on using up supplies (but, no, they never seem to get any less even so!).
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. how sweet to give the kids a little handmade gift-and I am sure they appreciated it-creative idea to use scripture and then something the elf said-sounds like biblical validation

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely gift idea and so beautifully done. Those colours are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We LOVE the Elf movie :) So much so, my son named our dog Buddy when we brought him (the puppy!) home :) Love this so much, it just shows the beauty of your heart and how generous your caring and love is! So thoughtful - and yummy!! That must have been nice making memories with the youth group! Sing on, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable - everything about your sweet project for the kids is wonderful, but I especially like that you added the quotes.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!