Friday, January 10, 2014

One Manly Birthday Card!

Hello! I am so glad you stopped by to visit today!  I think I am finally ready to move on from all of the Christmas and winter inspiration.  Nothing like a few days stuck inside as the wind howls, and negative double digits try to nip at your nose and toes to change your inspirations!  On the positive side, two extra days added to my weekend not only gave me time to pack up all of my Christmas decorations, it also provided time to create.  

I was in a minor state of panic a few days ago when I went to my card binder to prepare my nephew's birthday card for mailing and realized I had no card!  Fortunately, there was a gender neutral card in my birthday stash that worked out ok, but I quickly moved making masculine cards to the top of my list.

The inspiration for today's card came from France Martin.  I had saved a copy of one of her cards on my computer (pre-Pinterest) and when I went back to her blog to link to it, I couldn't find it...  Her card was quite similar but with a different embossing, sentiment, and she added some brads.



Now, doesn't the testosterone just ooze off of this one?  I don't think there is one girly thing on this card!!  I used the retired Packed for Dad stamp and colored a few items to add interest without being too colorful.  My favorite part is the silver foil paper embossing. Nothing says man card like a little diamond plating! 

I enjoyed this design so much I even made a few extra to stick back for Father's day!  Well, I hope you enjoyed your visit and things aren't too frosty where you live.  I know my friends in southern Florida and Australia are nice and warm...  Have a great weekend and happy crafting!

Card Recipe: Paper-crumb cake, always artichoke, whisper white, silver foil paper, Stamp Sets-Teeny Tiny Wishes, Packed for Dad (ret), Ink-black stazon, crumb cake, always artichoke, bashful blue (ret), silver pen, Accessories-word window and modern label punches, non SU diamond plate embossing folder

6 comments:

  1. It IS oozing...LOL...tons of testosterone!! I only wish I had as many masculine descriptive words of praise as I do for foo-foo girly stuff. Suffice it to say, I think it's totally rad. Yes, I had to steal a phrase from the 80's...it's a start.
    HUGS,
    Sib

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Margaret, this is an awesome masculine card! Love that foil and embossing folder. Just perfect!!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great masculine card - the metallic background is so cool with the embossing!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, absolutely love that embossed background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a perfect masculine card! I love the embossed layer you added!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a terrific manly card - I NEED to get a diamond plate embossing folder ! And silver foil paper ...........

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!