Monday, May 28, 2012

Scrapbook Monday- CYC

Every year since my oldest DD has been in 5th grade, we have made the trip to Gatlinburg, TN with my sister for CYC (challenge youth conference).  Some years, there is a large group that goes from her church, and others, it is a much smaller group. Regardless of how many are attending, we always have a wonderful time, gain some new insights into our faith, and spend a lot of quality time together.



The pictures on this layout show some of traditions of our CYC trips.  I love the view of the Smokeys as we enter Sevierville, especially when they are snow covered! The gentleman in the middle pic is our favorite presenter.  He has an incredible talent for drawing you into a personal story filled with humor and adventure,  and then when you least expect it, he gives you the Biblical version of his story. It has helped my daughter (and me) to see that God is so much a part of our every day lives if we only take the time to look for him. The sign in the last pic has been the setting for the final picture of the weekend for years.  My sister has pictures of her little boys in front of the sign.  They are all now grown men!

I used up some stash items on this layout.  I have tons of 12x12 cardstock from various makers and I am determined to use all of it up, eventually! The stickers have been around for quite some time too!

Layout Recipe: Stamp Set- Just Journaling (ret), Ink-black Stazon, Punch-eyelet border, *paper and stickers are from stash

13 comments:

  1. Great page and the pictures are wonderful, loving the mountains. This is such a great way to remember those wonderful times. You are another week down, getting closer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout Margaret. It sounds like you and your daughter really enjoy your CYC trips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post and a fabulous layout Margaret!
    Hope you have a fabulous day!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful Page. You are so good with your writing.. I am horrible when it comes to that part of my Pages.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great scrap page to record your memories and traditions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great layout Margaret and an even better memory for you and your daughter-sounds like a great youth conference

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loooooove your layout Margaret!! 2 more months and I will be there for vacation!!!!! Son just got back from Knoxville and he can't wait to go back. :) Me either...cabin in the woods, here I come! Thank you for the little jolt of excitement I received from your post. Hope break is going super for you.

    Hugs to you my friend,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful layout to celebrate a great time with your daughter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great layout--I like the border on the left and how you arranged the photos vertically--draws the eye really well!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You make getting a scrapbook page completed look EASY & so clean. I'm so slow... in fact, any ideas of pages are mainly still just "in my head"! I've got to pull out my 12x12 & get to work! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwwwwwe just rented a cabin near here during Christmas ;) great page layout!! Have fun in WDW! It's currently 94* here today as I wait for my dd to,get out of school ... Bring your flip flops!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great page, Margaret and I really enjoyed reading your post! Sounds like a wonderful time wth your daughter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this LO and the story behind it. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!