Thursday, October 11, 2018

Throwback Thursday-Sending more 'Happy Mail'

Hello!  I've taken a little break from making Christmas cards to play with some pretty fall colors.  Unfortunately, it doesn't feel much like fall right now.  I think September was cooler than October!  I'm hoping we get a few weeks of chilly weather before we slide right into winter...

I think today's cards are throwbacks in every sense of the word.  Stamps, cardstock, pattern paper, and even the ribbon are all things that have been a part of my crafty stash for a very long time!  It felt good to put them to good use again!

I don't normally send a lot of fall/Halloween cards, but I'm making an effort to send more cards that aren't birthday or Christmas.  One of my classes were talking about letters this week and one of the students asked "Who even sends letters?"  It made me sad, but then I realized that I don't really send letters anymore either.  I did share with them that I send homemade cards with notes in them and they looked at me like they had never heard of such a thing! Lol! Guess I'm officially old now...  This conversation and a recent guest speaker from Rachel's Challenge inspired me to reach out to loved ones a little more often.  Soon these cards will be addressed to some family and friends who are very dear to me to let them know I'm thinking about them!


Fall is my favorite season and I have quite a few different sets of fall themed DSP.  I decided to use the long retired Orchard Harvest and blew the dust off of two of my favorite fall stamps.  I even dug in my retired cardstock drawer to find the more mustard paper!  I'm not sure how long ago I purchased the burlap ribbon, but I'm guessing it's been a while since I have no clue where it came from!  Both cards were pretty easy to put together and it was fun doing a bit of coloring again!  I hope you are inspired to make and send your own cards to let someone special know that you're thinking about them too!  Have a wonderful day!

Card Recipes: Paper-more mustard, naturals ivory, Orchard Harvest DSP (ret), Ink-tangelo twist, pear pizzazz, daffodil delight, early espresso, tuxedo black, Stamp Set-Festive Four, Seasonal Memories (hero arts), Accessories-burlap ribbon

2 comments:

  1. Feeling like fall there yet? It sure is here ! Sad, but true, the younger generation probably will have no idea about sending letters. Good for you making an effort to send out more cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU for the card (on the right) and sweet note :) Glad you liked the snowman mason jar lid ornament. Did you recognize the wood snowflake I used on it ? Happy Thanksgiving !

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!