Monday, October 29, 2018

Sweet Birthday

Hello! I'm taking a break from Christmas to share a fun little card I made for a friend.  Both of my DDs work for a friend of mine at an ice cream and sandwich shop.  She and her husband are great people and wonderful employers.  They are incredibly patient with their staff (mostly high schoolers), but also teach them work skills they can use in the future.   The people who work there are always courteous and professional, and obviously love their jobs!  My friend recently celebrated her birthday on the last day of the season(closed during the winter months), and I knew her day was going to be busy so I wanted to make a fun little card to lighten the day.


Now what else could I possibly put on her card??  The pattern paper is left over from some graduation cards I made for their co-workers who graduated in May, but it worked just as well for this sweet birthday card!  I also inked up Honeycomb Happiness for the first time and pulled out the coordinating embellishments to make my cones three dimensional.  The girls loved the card and I'm happy to share that my friend loved it as well.  She thought the honeycomb scoops were too cool! Ha! See what I did there?! Ice cream-cool...anyway...

I hope you enjoyed my card and maybe you'll find the time to get some real ice cream!  It's pretty chilly right now, but my dad always says it's never too cold for ice cream!  Have a wonderful day!



1 comment:

  1. 3rd time is a charm to leave comments (unless you haven't moderated them yet?): Perfect, fun card for your friend

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!