Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I'm Baaaaack!

Over a week since posting! I think that's a new record for me! Our family took a mini vacation to visit family near Chicago this past weekend and I'm just now caught up on everything and able to play again! I had to laugh when I got a message from my cyber friend Lisa wondering if everything was OK. Guess my DH is right, I do spend a lot of time online... Thanks for checking up on me, Lisa!! Anyway... I have to share a fun picture from my trip. My SIL and I always have a great time when we get together and this time was no exception.  We made a trip to Archiver's and also stopped at this yummy gelato shop! But one of my favorite stops is visiting the wine shop that she works at part-time and doing a tasting! I even met this distinguished guy who couldn't keep his eyes off of me. So I had to get a picture with him!
Isn't he the cutest?? My oldest daughter says he creeps her out!
I have this shoe box of various scrap on my shelf that was calling to me today. So my card is almost completely made of scraps (only the base was a full sheet of paper!) My upline (and super crafty friend), Kelly, had a card similar to this on her blog and it is the perfect layout for using scraps!


Card Recipe: Cardstock-whisper white, various pieces of patterned paper, Ink- basic black, (black, peach parfait & creamy caramel markers), Stamps-Tags So Much (ret.), Accessories-large & extra large tag punches, chocolate chip ribbon (ret.), stapler

5 comments:

  1. What a super cute card and great layout to use of those scraps!! Great job Margaret!! Welcome back!! I hope to see you Saturday at my hostess day???? Let me know, we will have an awesome time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and I really like that layout!! I just love when when you can make good use of your scraps. I save them all. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you had a fun trip with family-I am on vacation myself with my family-I have been out in San Francisco for the past 2 weeks with my family-your card is so sweet and I love the use of the scraps - I cant wait to stamp again-it's been way to long

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee hee! Great photo! Sounds like you had a fun triep, too. Your card is adorable. Love the fun layout and all the different patterns. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahaha...great post! I'm with your daughter though, Mr. Jeeves is kinda creepy! ;) Great pic of you though!
    Can't say how inspired I am by your use of scraps to knock these wonderful cards out. Seems I spend all my time getting organized and then I'm too pooped to stamp! Kids just need to go to school and I can get into the groove.
    BTW...your comment on my blog today was HILARIOUS!! But hey, if you don't care to close your curtains...all's fair! LOL
    Big hugs,
    Lisa :D

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!