Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A Holiday Sneak Peek!

As promised, I took a break from my 'old' stamps to show off some really new supplies.  As a matter of fact, these are not even available for purchase until September 1st (unless you are a SU demonstrator-have I mentioned lately how much I love this job????).  I haven't played at Stamping 411 in a while and the sketch this week intrigued me. Here it is...


and here is my card...

I changed my card a little and after playing with the layout, I felt that it just looked a little too 'naked' without the bow. I used a stamp from the set Gift Givers (Holiday Mini) and used watercolor pencils and a blender pen to color the image.TFL!

Card Recipe: Cardstock-whisper white, basic black, pumpkin pie, Ink-jet black staz-on, Stamp Set-Gift Givers, Accessories-pumpkin pie satin ribbon (ret.), decorative label punch

4 comments:

  1. I agree, the bow is the perfect touch! So fun to see the new products from SU! Still no catalog for me in the mail yesterday though. Thinks I might have a "chat" with the mailman and express the importance of this item! LOL
    Your 411 take is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this sketch-I will have to try it out while I'm using up my dsp. Cute Halloween card-I think the ribbon was the perfect added touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this little card and the bow really added that extra something. Toooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!