Friday, June 3, 2011

Sail Away- Father's Day Challenge

Update: I made the top 3 with this card (insert girly giggle here)!
!
This is my second challenge card of the day!  This is the challenge from SUO Challenges.  Their challenge this week was to create a Father's Day card.  I decided to get out one of my newer stamps, Sail Away, since it is one of my more masculine stamps.  (I don't think my Dad would be overjoyed with my more 'girly' images that I normally use!)  I used Baja Breeze and Whisper White card stock.  Inks used were Baja Breeze and Stazon Black-was originally going to watercolor this one, but changed my mind at the last minute...  I dry embossed the first layer of whisper white with the square lattice folder.  The image is colored with chalks.  The sentiment is from the stamp set Bold Blossom.  Both stamp sets are in the Summer Mini. TFL!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful card and LOVE your coloring with chalk! So pretty.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. The soft look of the chalks is a perfect touch... gets me thinking this would be a great card to bring the chalks out at club. Thanks for playing SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!