Friday, June 5, 2015

The last of the graduation cards

I think this year just might be the record breaking year for graduation parties!  Guess that's what happens when your oldest is in high school!  Because of the number of celebrations, I decided to make a few multiples instead of many individual cards (time crunch, anyone?!).  I did manage to personalize them a bit with school colors and changing the background pattern paper to fit the recipient's interests when I could.

Both of the cards shown are the same basic design and I also made a few more that used this same style.  I decided to show two of them to share how to make a unique card without changing the layout.  The first one used book print paper paired with the spiral punch for a general academic feel.  On the second card, I swapped out the words for music note paper.  This made an easy, but personalized touch for the musical graduates.  Even swapping out paper and ink colors can give a more individualized addition.



Of course, I'm sure most of the grads were more pleased with what was on the inside of the cards, but it made me feel a little better about giving something personal to go with the cash and gift cards!

I have been quite busy cleaning and organizing this past week.  My goal is to purge/clean out the entire house by the end of June.  Wish me luck!!  We are hoping to have some solid plans in place very soon to finally dig our basement and prepare for our new home!  I can't really call it 'moving' since our new house will still be on the same property that we are currently living, but the less things I have to relocate, the better!

Well, I better get back to work, but I will be back soon to share some new creations!  Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day!
  

3 comments:

  1. Margaret, BOTH of these are wonderful for the graduate! I know they'll love them. I like both the print and the music paper you used on here. Yes, they'll love what's inside but know they'll really be pleased with the outside as well! Great job!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 really great grad cards Margaret- I like both of them - the spiral punch is a creative idea- good luck on the purging and organizing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely - I kept all my graduation cards and congratulations - so I'm sure the recipients will treasure these as well as what was inside!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!