Sunday, June 21, 2015

Take a Hike! with Anything But a Card

No, I'm not telling you to get lost (unless you enjoy doing that on a hike!) or anything like that!  I'm sharing my creation for Anything But a Card's challenge 'Out and About'.  We are inviting all of you creative people to share what you love about the outdoors.  It could be celebrating the seasons, nature, your favorite place, vacations, cookouts, or any outdoor activities!  The choices of inspiration are as big as the great outdoors themselves!

My family loves to spend time camping and hiking, so my DT project is a scrapbook page about hiking in one of our favorite places.  We usually hike in the spring or fall when the weather is a little cooler, and the bugs are a little less active.  The photos I scrapped were from the fall, so I chose fall colors for my page.


I have not scrapped in a while and it took me a little while to get my muse in gear!  It took longer to pick out the papers than it did to put the thing together!!

I think most of the page is pretty easy to figure out.  The only thing that was a little more involved was the red leaf.  I used the autumn accents die to cut the leaf, creased the cut leaf in half and ran it through the woodgrain embossing folder.  I inked up all of the edges with some crumb cake ink to make it more earthy!  Easy peasy!

I hope you will make time to share a special outdoorsy project with us this week!  Thanks so much for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous photos of the hike - a great page for the theme, Margaret.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret, this is such a beautiful page for your scrapbook! I love the fall colors and the layout showcases the photos so nice. I love to go camping and hiking but it's been a few years since I've done that. Age started creeping in and now I like to camp in my own bed I'm afraid!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Margaret... I so enjoyed your layout and the photos are gorgeous... I too have been trying to do more scrapbook layouts and I agree... I spend more time looking for the perfect paper than I do I my layouts. I so enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific fall page, I especially like the way you gave the leaf die cut texture !

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a great scrapbook page Margaret- looks like some wonderful family time-and you have created a memory to remind you of the special time together

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sad I'm not getting notifications from your blog! Aaaaaah! :(
    I am in love with this page!! The photos are just breathtaking - nature and hiking are two of my loves :) paired with this lovely layout and color palette, your scrapbook page is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!