Friday, April 24, 2015

Play Ball!

Hi! Spring is here and that means sports time at our house.  So in honor of our crazy schedule makin', dirty laundry creatin', Mom a taxi driver makin' sports, I have two scrapbook pages that really don't have anything to do with what is currently happening in our house! Ha! Gotcha!!

As you look at my pages I can hear you arguing with me that these are sports pages... BUT they aren't SPRING sport pages! What's that you say? Softball IS a spring sport?! Well...I can't argue that because DD#1's contribution to the dirty laundry is definitely softball stuff, but these pages are from DD#2's summer softball league!  See how tricky I am...

I have had these ball pages in my stash for a loooooooong time and I felt a little celebration building up inside when I finally got some photos on them!  One of the great things about pages like this is that the background is interesting enough that you really do not need to do a lot of embellishing-already busy enough!  So I ran a row of photos across the middle and used some twine to draw attention to them, then all I needed to do was add a little journaling block to the bottom.  Easy Peasy! 


The second page took only a little more effort since I stamped and cut the softballs and letters.  Two more pages for my albums! Woo! Hoo!


Thanks so much for stopping by today!  We have about a month left in our school year and I for one am ready for a less hectic schedule! More creating time for Mama!  Have a fantastic day and whatever the season in your part of the world, enjoy it!

Page Recipe: paper- bases from stash, crumb cake, green from stash, yellow from stash, ink-real red, basic black, stamp-softball (not sure at the moment of the maker), accessories-twine from stash, little letters thinlits

2 comments:

  1. I love the pages! It's refreshing to see team work and closeness and smiling faces. Much different than my KC Royals lately....LOL! They should take a lesson from your project :)
    hugs and THANK YOU so much for all your hysterical and thoughtful comments. You're so sweet and funny!
    hugs,
    SIB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always associate baseball/softball with spring. :) Terrific LO's Margaret! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!