Sunday, April 19, 2015

Anything But a Card Challenge 46 Fool's Gold

Well, hello! I am so glad you stopped by! Today I am sharing my DT creation for ABAC.  This month's challenge is Fool's Gold and we are challenging you to pull out all of the wonderful golden, gilded goodies that you have and make something wonderful to share with us!  I really hope you will be able to join us!

I have to admit that I don't use a lot of gold in my creating. I'm more partial to silver personally, but I did have some wonderful gold foil paper in my supplies and I thought it might be fun to create an ATC using this.


I ran the foil paper through an embossing folder and then patted it on top of an early espresso ink pad to give it an aged appearance.  I didn't want to cover up the pretty embossing, so I kept the embellishing pretty simple and uncluttered.

I want to apologize to my regular blogging friends for my lack of visiting.  Things have been pretty chaotic around here and I am counting the days til summer vacation!  It seems like there are less hours in the day lately...  I promise I will resume my regular posting and visiting in a few more weeks!

Thanks again for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed my golden creation!  Have a fantastic week!

4 comments:

  1. The gold embossing looks magnificent and the embellishments are just perfect to showcase it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret, that gold just SHINES! Love the tiny flowers and sentiment you added too. I've never made an ATC before and think they're wonderful. Hope things settle down soon but family always comes first.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Margaret! I love the shimmer of gold. :) Sorry to be such a bad blog buddy but this year has been crazy. Hope you and your family are well! Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man oh man...the deep embossing richness of that gold is wonderful! What a great challenge. A very warming and classy color to choose. It's beautiful Margaret! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!