Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Oh, scrap! It's a Christmas card!!

Well, hello there! Yes, I'm posting on a Wednesday! Shocking!! I've actually had some cards ready to post, but needed to wait until after my club met to share them with everyone.

I am normally a true blue procrastinator.  Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? Or for all the Gone with the Wind fans... I'll worry about that tomorrow...  But somehow, the most unusual thing happened this year! I decided to use up some of my older Christmas DSP and also found some wonderful Christmas card sketches to use and the next thing I knew, I had quite the stash of cards ready to be mailed!!! As a courtesy to my fellow procrastinators, I will not rub in their faces reveal how many cards are in said stash, but I am quite confident that I just might be finished by Thanksgiving!!  Now, shopping on the other hand is not quite so finished...um...like barely begun... But hey! What would the week before Christmas be without a few panicked shopping trips?!

I designed 3 Christmas cards for this month's club because the ladies love getting some ideas a little earlier so they can order their goodies for their cards.  I went with one incredibly simple card and two that had a little more detail.  This way they could decide how much time they wanted to invest in their card making.  I borrowed the design for this card from Amanda.  Pretty much CASEd it actually... But hey, why change a great thing?!


This card came together so quickly, it was almost ridiculous! Like, 'you could make all your cards in one day', ridiculous!! While I used the new Be of Good Cheer DSP, this would be a fabulous design for using up those scraps! Hence the title of the blog post...

Well, that's it for me today! I am looking forward to our annual Girls Day Out at the Christkindlemarkt (a local arts and crafts festival) this weekend.  Lots of shopping, laughing, eating, and wine tasting! Woo! Hoo!  

Happy crafting!!

Card Recipe: Cardstock-whisper white, gumball green, Be of Good Cheer DSP, Stamp Set-Teeny Tiny Wishes, Ink-cherry cobbler, Accessories-postage stamp punch



9 comments:

  1. I am totally a procrastinator and put off all and anything I can. I have todo list and sometimes they sit on there until I just cross them off.
    Love the Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did someone say wine????? That should be a blast and I hope you have the best time! You deserve a day out having fun. :)
    Your card is a perfect CAS and yet completely festive design. Love that you got all your ducks in a row to make some beautiful creations for your club too. I'm going to totally pretend that I didn't see your other comment in this post and take the higher road! LOL (Despite the fact that you have now mentioned it to me twice!!) ;)
    Hugs to you my friend,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. CAS and oh so perfect!! Love all the squares lined up like that and now you've inspired me! Great use of the DP too!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great design Margaret and I love the little squares of DP's - they're gorgeous. I'm sure if I tried this I'd get things out of line and it would look all over the place! So impressed that yours is all in line and perfect!
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cheeriness and the graphic pow of your card today Margaret!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Such a great club card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great you got so many cards ready! I've created a Christmas card every other week for a few months... now to remember where I stashed them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this cas design for a Christmas card Margaret-a great one for mass producing -hope you had fun on your outing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simple, cheery, fun card - I see why you cased it, thanks for sharing =) Will we be seeing some scrapbook pages from your girls day?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!